Question about cleaning airbrush

Hi

I am not a complete newbie but more of an occasional model builder. I own an iwata eclipse airbrush which I use only with Tamiya acrylics for easy clean up. I use krylon in a can as a primer and recently heard that better results were obtained by airbrushing it. I sprayed Krylon in a cup then poured in my iwata eclipse and airbrushed without thinking a minute this wasn't a water based medium. So I got some mineral spirit and cleaned the airbrush but is it safe now to use it tamiya acrylics again? How do I know for sure? I ran some water through it after the mineral spirit and it comes out clear. Shall I do something else?

Thanks a lot

Patrick

Reply to
varois83

as long as you clean completely when swicthing paints, you should be fine. i've used both types in my passh with no problems unless i didn't clean well enough.

Thank-you I feel better now.

patrick

Reply to
varois83