Help with translation

Hi everyone,

I need your help with translating or finding a simple term to describe all engineering objects that might appear along a road. I mean road signs, bridges, flyovers, etc.

Can you help me with it?

Reply to
Oscar

Hi Oscar, what are the languages you're dealing with? I could help with German English. Greetings, Sepp

Reply to
Sepp

Hi Sepp,

the base language is Polish. I have to translate it to English and German.

In Polish there is a term "drogowe obiekty inzynierskie", that means everything that you may find along the road and what was built and desingned by road or civil engineering. I mean bridges, flyovers, drains, roadside, even road signs. Direct translation of the term is "road engineering objects".

I need a term, or a word or phrase to precisely describe (name) that stuff in English and German.

Thanks for help.

Reply to
Oscar

I call all that "things not to run into", but I doubt it suits your purpose.

Reply to
Paul

The section of civil engineering dealing with it in german is:

"Straßenbau" ("Strassenbau" if you have no german keyboard), so all the works of the art of road-building may be called "Straßenbauwerke" - but this is not a very common term.

Another, more common term for the work to achieve such things is "Hoch- und Tiefbau" which means buildings, mostly for traffic, high above or deep beneath the surface (bridges and tunnels).

That´s what companies write on their vehicles... "Bauwerke" is the common word for all kind of buildings.

Hope this helps.

Walther

Reply to
Walther Mathieu

This includes paving of roads, and I can't think of a German term that only includes things by the side of the road, and not the road itself, as Oscar requested. Greetings, Sepp

Reply to
Sepp