Hp Designjet 700

Hello every one , I have a designjet 700 Mono plotter and was told by a HP service engineer that it could be upgraded to print colour as does the 750C he
told me the first step was to view the cartridge carrier and if after taking off the plastic cover I could see the copper connections for the three colour cartridges there was a chance that by using the 750 drivers the job may be done. Needless to say having fitted the cartridges we still only print in Mono, further conversation with him suggested that the Eprom was an old version and needed to be changed, he was going to doo this for me but months have passed and I have lost contact with him can some kind technical buddy please help or advise
cheers Nigel.