Interlink Checkout Help

I've got a question for those of you smarter than I am, or with more experience than I have, about automating a common practice for us.

Can anyone tell me how, or if it's even possible, to feed a standard text list of numbers into interlink and have any corresponding models (latest version), if any, checked out into an existing workspace.

We use Interlink 3.4 M011 and Wildfire 2.0 M140.

Some items might be in smaller assemblies, and those can be checked out easy enough, but when building new higher level assemblies lots of sub- assemblies don't exist yet and have to be built from scratch even though most of the individual parts already exist. Hand checking-out all those small parts (from all over the libraries - several hundred to a thousand) is very time consuming and tedious).

Our SAP system will generate lists of parts that have been entered by project engineers of the current and past projects for costing and such that can be edited to quickly form the lists of needed numbers. That's what we would use as a basis to hand check them out. Is there a way we can use the same lists to do it automatically?

Any help would be appreciated. By the the way, I'm not an admin, just a pro/e user - the admins are always to busy (?) to help us out.

Again, thanks.

Jeff

Reply to
Flavius Marcus Septimus Agustus

I can't give you the exact answer and I can't poke around to even confirm what I suspect. But it seems like you're looking for a way to pass the Find utility a list of names to search for. I don't remember where it is, but there's a way to set up canned routines, criteria, parameters to search for. Maybe there's a way in there to open and pass the values in the form of a name search. Outside of that, you're probably looking at writing a PERL script, batch file or JAVA routine. I'm also pretty sure, since ProI is just a front end to an Oracle database, that you could write another front end, if you knew Oracle well enough.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hello

see webpage Olaf Corten PROE Site - there are more utilities for your convenience.

Best Regards Karel

David Janes wrote:

Reply to
KL

"David Janes" wrote in news:Rwouh.2$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe11.phx:

Thanks very much for the information David. Sounds like it's way over me, but I'll see what happens.

Jeff

Reply to
Flavius Marcus Septimus Agustus

Thanks Karel, I'll take a look and see it will help. If not, maybe it can be adapted to do what I'd like.