Letter size dtl setting for the words "VIEW and / or DETAIL"

Hi all,

Is there a dtl setting to change the size of the words

"VIEW" or "DETAIL"

I thought there was but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I ~think~ they are controlled by drawing_text_height.

Is there a dtl setting to change the size of the words

"VIEW" or "DETAIL"

I thought there was but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Jeff Howard

And what will make those words the same height as the text governed by def_view_text_height. IOW, how can SECTION {1:&xsec_name} be the same height? Does anyone WANT these to be different heights? Is it good drafting practice to have the words DETAIL and the detail name be different heights?

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Not sure what your getting at, David. I monkey_with_football muddle my way thru detailing but don't claim to have a grip on the finer points, so maybe something's going over my head.

For a view label "DETAIL A" drawing_text_height governs {DETAIL} and def_view_text_height governs {A} (correct?)

So, for:

leaving def_view_text_height default value 0 (zero) will do it.

I have to confess to never having had my hands on a Y14.5. I never see anything more than a few pages copied from a DRM and / or make_it_look_like_this sample drawings. Typically, in my neck of the woods working the fringes of aerospace, names are 2 x height, i.e. DETAIL = .125 A = .25, and bold, both parent and child.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Sure, it'll make them both an eighth of an inch high. How do I automatically make this line of text (DETAIL A) both the same height of .25? Of course, I can do as I've always done. Select the text, do 'Properties>Text style' and manually change this for each section, view or detail name to text height = .25

Okay, well I guess I've been correcting stuff to be the same height for nothing then. But, I can never tell if that kind of thing is just because of the this-is-how-the-program-works factor (i.e. 90% of people use a program the way it came out of the box) or even more simply the WGAF standard or whether it's following a deliberate (local/industry/national/international) standard. Maybe I'm just going by something literary -- books, magazines, newspapers or an English course I took based on MLA style sheets. Or maybe it's because drafting always took the cheap way (they only gave you one lettering template for that drafting course ~ all caps, .19 high letters) and you used it for everything. Based on this history, can't see two different sizes for something as simple as "DETAIL A". Guess I've got to do some digging.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes