Need help with a dimension symbol " h ".

I am new to CAD and reading prints and from time to time see a " h " being used between the dim. line , what does that letter represent ? (height or hollow or is it a DATUM letter ) Thanks - BJ

Reply to
Robert Johnson

: "Robert Johnson" wrote : I am new to CAD and reading prints and from time to time see a " h " : being used between the dim. line , what does that letter represent ? : (height or hollow or is it a DATUM letter ) Thanks - BJ

Are you seeing something like 25 h7? If so, the h designates a class of fit between hole and shaft documented in ANSI B4.2. This is part of an ANSI/ISO standard for metric fits.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes