Re-ordering constraints

Is there any way to do this? Sometimes Pro likes to have the Align contraint first for reference patterns...

I'd be nice to be able to re-order contraints to help with reference patterns.

Using Wildfire 1 build M190.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Click on the sketch pulldown menu from the top, then uncheck the intent manager, once you have done this you can now tell ProE the constraints you would like to use instead of ProE telling you. I don't how to reorder constraints I do know that if you don't use the intent manager you can place them in anyorder you like. As for me I like telling the computer what to do, I don't like it telling me what to do. Just my two cents on the topic.

Shaun

Reply to
shaun

Hi, Shaun.

I think Mike is talking about component constraints (? I don't have an answer for that).

I don't know if this is something you'd be interested in or not: Using the Intent Manager, as you are "rubber banding" around to create a curve entitiy; you can use SHIFT+RMB and CTRL+RMB to "lock-in" or "lock-out" previewed sketcher constraints. It's pretty handy as you can build some semi-complicated constraint sets on the fly.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Two things:

  • Redefine is as close as you'll come to reordering component constraints (minus minus minus delete the old constraints and create new ones with the align first. {BTW, since you know this constraint should go first and you have a pattern you're referencing, are you just having a brain fart and forgetting the ALIGN?});
  • Fix reference pattterns so they don't depend on you jumping through all these stupid hoops. (Hey, PTC, how about some intelligence and flexibility here, huh!?! Is this functionality ever converting to Desktop functionality where many functions are getting long awaited intelligence and urgently needed fixes?)
  • Develop some actual constraints management for sketcher and assembly (SW, Alibre have a global, centralized interface to constraints, why not Pro/e!?!)

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I don't know about reordering existing constraints, but a way to brute-force it is to re-create (in other words, add new duplicate) constraints in the order you want, then delete the older ones. If you have non-zero offsets this maintains them. Interestingly, you can't over-constrain in sketcher mode but you can overconstrain in assembly mode.

-Dave Adams-

Reply to
Dave Adams