Proe Intralink

We have Pro/E Intralink 3.0 installed on our PC and if i logged in it takes 100% of my cpu and the i am not able to run other programs parallely.how to rectify this ? is there any patch availiable . kindly help..

thiyagu

Reply to
thiyagu

Just in case you didn't know ... You do not have to be "running" Intralink while using Pro/E in a linked session. With Pro/E 2001 and earlier you just start Intralink and then start Pro/E from the Start Pro/E button of Intralink WITHOUT LOGGING IN.

With Wildfire 1 (I have not tested Wildfire 2 yet) you do log in but once Pro/E is running you go back to Intralink and select logon / logon as a different user / cancel. This is also a way to conserve the number of Intralink licenses in use at any one time.

Reply to
bellsouth

That's interesting, I never knew that. Wonder how much system resources this frees up?

Reply to
dakeb

I've used this technique and although I can not quantify regarding freed memory, it makes a big difference with large assemblies.

BTW: Thanks dakeb! I asked a question last week concerning ProCable cables not behaving in HLR. I believe you gave the correct config.pro setting adjustment for the fix. I actually blew the post away but Monday I stumbled across it and presto!

I appreciate your help.

Reply to
ProEase

It is, in fact, available in all versions from 1.2 up to 3.3. I have done it under 1.2, 2.?, 3.2 and 3.3 (don't actually know about 3.0 and 3.1). However, it is dependent upon whether you use Wildfire or not.

Reply to
bellsouth

You can also run Pro/E from an Intralink workspace with the -w command in the Pro/E shortcut.

eg. C:\ptc\proe2001\bin\proe2001.bat -wWorking

Where 'Working' is the name of the workspace you want to work in.

This is great, as you can checkout all the stuff you need from intralink commonspace, log off Intralink and then start Pro/e without having to use an Intralink license. However, you can not see commomspace.

Cheers

Martin

Reply to
Martin Colenutt

You're talking about starting Pro/E from the Intralink client without being logged in, right? I'd like to know how you do it prior to 3.1, since it's not on the menu. The "Start Pro/E" button you referred to does not exist in

3.0 and earlier.

You can start Pro/E linked to a workspace by adding the "-w:workspace" or "-wworkspace" option on the command line, but that option no longer works in Wildfire.

Reply to
Dan Wolf

I must say it again ... you can. I don't know what the problem is but if Intralink is installed correctly ... including 1.2 you can do it. The command to start Pro/E must be added during the installation of the Intralink client in the really old versions. I must admit that it did take me quite a while to figure out how to do it. (It was even possible to add Word and Excel to the menu which I also did.) In any case it isn't important to this discussion because it is currently available as a standard menu item.

Reply to
bellsouth