refining geometry

hi all,

unloading my serious questions in one go.

I noticed it is not possible to add features to a UDF and have it update in the model. Is there another way to create a coarse detail, insert it, pattern it and refine it later ?

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

Since a UDF is just a detached, externally referenced group, why not just create a local group ('Edit>Feature Operations>Group'). You can start with as few as a single feature, add features later. One of the nicest things about the Group function is that it has an internal patterning capability and anything added later to the group can be patterned as well. It works the best, though, if later features build on the same references as the original.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes