Shrinkwrap

Hello,

I want to modify an assembly to a Shrinkwrap. The problem: The amount of data is at least 10 times more. We have chosen a quality level of 3 (from 1 to 10). Additionally the value of mass is incorrect (much to much). Could anybody help me?

Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Lois

Hello,

I want to convert an assembly to a shrinkwrap. The problem: The amount of data is at least 10 times more in comparison with the generic. We have chosen a quality level of 3 (from 1 to 10). Additionally the value of mass is incorrect (much to much). Can anybody help me?

Rudi

Reply to
Rudi Schneider

In comparison with generic what? The entire directory of assembly/parts or just the assembly? First, the shrinkwrap model will be larger than the assembly which is only some a set of assembly instructions with model data retained separately. You must compare shrinkwrap model size to the size of all files in the directory ~ assembly and all parts. Merged solid is probably the smallest or close to the smallest in size. Even with quality set at 7-8, this model should be less than half the directory size.

: Additionally the value of mass is incorrect (much to much).

Are you sure the value of the assembly's mass is correct to begin with: this needs checking as various problems with units can produce strange results in mass prop calculations; inconsistently setting units between parts or between parts and assemblies can throw off this calculation; density value in an assigned material should be verified before basing calculations on them, especially since units are missing from material definition tables. This is all the more important since you are asked for a density value when creating the shrinkwrap model. If this is different from the value provided in the assigned material tables, you immediately have a source of difference between assembly and shrinkwrap mass properties. As an additional check, make sure that volume calculations for both are in the ballpark. I had always thought that auto hole filling, a shrinkwrap creation option, could create overlapping volumes but I've never experimented to check it out because I was never concerned with shrinkwrap model mass props. Also, if you have an assembly with parts containing vastly different materials and densities, the assembly mass prop could be lighter than the single merged solid density you provide at creation.

Some things to consider.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes