SPINAL BEND

Who can suggest me a good example to define a spinal bend feature (with or without SEC PROP CONTROL ) ?? Thanks in advance

Pier

Reply to
Pier Dil

The one in the book shows a flat box wrench turned into an offset box wrench with a spinal bend. And what controlled the curve was a sketch, as I recall with dimensioned lengths and offset. I never really got the point of why you wouldn't just use the sketch as the original trajectory of the sweep.

Reply to
David Janes

I agree. I've noticed too with the Spinal Bend functionality that you have to be aware of some of the weird distortions that you can end up with in regards to the resulting solid not really following the curve reference geometry as desired. In certain cases when we've used the Spinal Bend functionality to show a part with a living hinge feature, the lid/flap geometry didn't quite line up correctly. I think that some users try to bend non-sheetmetal parts using the Spinal Bend functionality--and they end up very disappointed with the results. They try to use a Spinal Bend in a similar fashion as a Pro|SHEETMETAL bend feature and the two functions behave dramatically different.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.