SPINAL BEND

Who can suggest me a good example to define a spinal bend feature (with or without SEC PROP CONTROL ) ?? Thanks in advance
Pier
The one in the book shows a flat box wrench turned into an offset box wrench with a spinal bend. And what controlled the curve was a sketch, as I recall with dimensioned lengths and offset. I never really got the point of why you wouldn't just use the sketch as the original trajectory of the sweep.