Time Out thingy...

I don't see any discussion of this time-out thing that PTC has us doing. (sorry if I missed it) I did see an industry analyst who was applauding PTC for being so honest and customer focused about this. I completely agree. It is too bad that PTC couldn't say that they found it. I'm amazed at whomever was running their machine a month ahead! Someone said "THAT is an IT department really on top of things!" I would think they might want to switch it to about 6 months. And hope that PTC thanked them in some very concrete way!!!

Still, it would have been helpful if someone had created a flow chart or something that said...If you are on Windows: go get this NMSD.exe file from the PTC site

and replace it everywhere it already is on your machine. I found three (Pro/E, Mechanica, Pro/Collaborate) The setup thing isn't affected on Windows. If you are thinking about upgrading to a new date code, order yourself a CD and have at it, the patches should be included. Did I get that right?

-D

Reply to
meld_b

There was a 12/18 message from "Frank" which began the discussion.

: Still, it would have been helpful if someone had created a flow chart or : something that said...If you are on Windows: go get this NMSD.exe file : from the PTC site

and replace it everywhere it already is on your machine. I found three : (Pro/E, Mechanica, Pro/Collaborate) The setup thing isn't affected on : Windows. If you are thinking about upgrading to a new date code, order : yourself a CD and have at it, the patches should be included. Did I get : that right?

First, thanks for including the linik so I don't have to go to the original message to look it up. Also, regarding upgrading, as your link says, the date code to upgrade to (accept no substitutes, no one-size-fits-all deal here) is 2003451 (Wildfire) ~ that's the one with the patches included. Otherwise, follow the chart to the promised land ~ funny that the 'promised land' should be code that works without 'abnormal' interference. IOW, expect only the 'usual' crap. Makes one happy to be top side of the ground and breathing whatever (;-]j*>)

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes