UG Conversion

I heard the Wildffire 2.0 was going to convert UG files . Has anyone had any experience in converting these files other than step. The pre production 2.0 has a par_asolid in and out but it seems to just crash Pro when used, any thoughts would be helpful.

Reply to
Kevin

I haven't seen any thing in 2.0 that would allow me to open a native UG file. I think the best you will see is with the Parasolids export file format.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Has anybody actually used and got to work the export Parasolids.

Reply to
Kevin

Hello to all.

I have done some Pro/E (Wildfire) to parasolid conversion just about three days ago. I have transfred an assembly with about 30-40 parts in it, but it is true that the form of parts is not wery complex (no free form surfaces, sheetmetal and plastic parts mostly).

It was my first transfer of this kind, therefore I was not sure of its succes, therefore I have exported the same assembly also in STEP and IGES format. The file size is slight bigger as STEP. My partner, who uses UG18, could not read STEP (According to him this is an UG trouble, he has also problems exporting STEP from UG), the results from importing parasolid to UG was almost perfect. Only some surfaces on one part were missed, but this par has already a rich transformation history (UG18--STEP--Pro/E Wildfire (some re-work in Pro/E)--Parasolid---UG18), an features I added were untouched, we didn't see this as critical. All other parts (Partly native Pro/E parts, partly in Pro/E inported STEP parts, changed in Pro/E (Parts were originated in UG18)) were transfrred correctly. And yes, I didn't figured out how to transfer the color of parts:). Afterwards all parts were Green in UG!

Because of this good experience I and my partner decided to do the data excange primarily using parasolid in future.

Pro/E Wildfire acted perfectly stable during transfer

Kind regards

Joze

Reply to
Joze BARBARIC

Try taking the prt file and open it with a hex editor. Then delete all substrings 'patriots'. Should work.

Reply to
Robert

More work than it is worth. Just use the Parasolids export file.

Reply to
Ben Loosli