Unigraphics User Support - http://www.eng-tips.com/

Occasionally I read posts from Unigraphics users who are as dis-jointed as a under constrained model gone bad. They need to be able to network just like the rest of us. Well, give this a try

.....and when you speak of me....speak of me kindly....

Reply to
Gone Fishin'....Fly Fishing that is!

Actually, we UG users have a private BBS where we can ask questions and get really knowledgeable answers from the development team. I also use eng-tips and find it very useful.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Reply to
meld_b

I find the UG sketcher easier than Wildfire's. It does the auto constraints and you don't have to have everything constrained. Yes, I have had things go bad in the UG sketcher, but I would rather have the bad at that stage of the design than go to open an assembly and have it fail because the SW cannot find a mating constraint. UG will allow assemblies to open even if it cannot find the constraint, it fixes the component in its last known position.

The really funny thing is that both UG and Pro/E use the same D-Cubed constraint solver in their sketchers. When I first started with Pro, someone in the training class did a sketch and as he changed it, the sketch inverted. He commented on it and when I looked at the shape he was constraining and what it did, I know the problem was in the solver, not the sketcher. Someone where I work had done a very similar design a few months earlier and it also inverted the same way the Pro/E sketch had. When I called UG support, they told me it was a known bug in the solver.

Reply to
Ben Loosli