wf2 hiding components question

Is there a way to hide components and bring up the assembly drawing without those components hidden in the drawing?

TIA

Reply to
Jason L

Jason, Not sure in WF as I am on r2001, but instead of hiding from the model tree Add the componet to a new layer and hide that layer , then it will show in your drawing

there is also a config option... draw_layer_overrides_model which may let you go the other way around

Reply to
cad/cam/guy

But you have to do it in the assy....blank is the proper term not hide If you do it in the drawing then it doesn't show in the drawing

Reply to
cad/cam/guy

You might also look into hiding or excluding them in a rep. If the drawing isn't based on the rep it won't be disturbed.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

No, use a simplified rep.

Reply to
dakeb

In Wildfire 2 there is a hide command, but I understand what you are saying as I have used 2000i for several years. Thanks anyway cad/cam/guy.

Reply to
Jason L

Thanks everyone...but I was just hoping for a config option or something because I just find it annoying when going back and forth between an assembly I am working on and the drawing....guess simplified reps is the only way...oh well.....

Reply to
Jason L

Jason, So if you add the componet to a layer in the assy. and blank the layer in the assy , now it doesn't show in the drawing also. Just did it in r2001, not there in the assy, but there in the assy. drawing.

There is again in r2001, the view>model setup>componet display>create and you can create different vis modes ..not showing different componets in the assy. but they do show in the drawing... which is a lot like a simp. rep liitle easier on the settings...let me guess..gone in WF :-)

Reply to
cad/cam/guy

Not sure I'm following, but the equiv in WF might be a view "style".

To go off on a tangent; working large assemblies I've found the resolution times to be pretty long when Hiding and UnHiding components (might be my antiquated hardware.) I've gotten in the habit of using simp reps and excluding or restoring the components. It's proven faster and without unwanted side effects. I've only recently started using the view styles and haven't tried them on large assy's yet. (For what little it might be worth.)

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Cad/Cam/Guy

yeah...you can still do it that way but I didn't want to have to do that much. Right now in WF2 you can use your mouse to click on any part in an assembly and then right click "hide" and it dissappears. It is great when working on a large assembly when you only want components out of the way for the moment, without creating layers or simplified reps. The only drawback is that when you toggle back to your drawing the parts are blanked there too. So before you print your drawing you have to make sure all components are shown.

Reply to
Jason L

Cad/Cam/Guy

yeah...you can still do it that way but I didn't want to have to do that much. Right now in WF2 you can use your mouse to click on any part in an assembly and then right click "hide" and it dissappears. It is great when working on a large assembly when you only want components out of the way for the moment, without creating layers or simplified reps. The only drawback is that when you toggle back to your drawing the parts are blanked there too. So before you print your drawing you have to make sure all components are shown.

Reply to
Jason L

I see what your saying... well why not mapkey view>unhide all along with a print mapkey... so it will always show everything prior to printing... can't say for WF but in r2001 if I hide in assy and unhide all in drawing they come back One less thing to have to remember ... that's always good :-)

Reply to
cad/cam/guy

I see what your saying... well why not mapkey view>unhide al alon

ass

In WF and WF2 Hiding replaces Blanking. In 2001 hiding is temporary

but in WF and WF2 it not. So, you have to be very careful about wha you hide

You could build a mapkey, but it's probably not necessary. But if i

works go for it

Later, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28