What's the difference between thru until and to selected?

Hi,

I would like to know what is the difference between the thru until and to selected when creating a hole? I'm using WF V2.0, thanks for your help.

Pablo,

Reply to
Pablo

Basically, it is just what it sounds like.

Depth options for holes: Blind Cuts to a user specified depth Through All Cuts the hole through all intersecting solids Through Until Cuts through until the selected surface or plane To Next Cuts to the next surface To Selected Cuts to the selected point, curve, plane or surface.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Hi Ben,

I know the description of each other I have search through the help before posting in this newsgroup... What I wanted to have is a example that would explain it more explicitely, because from the description in the help the two options appear to do the same thing when a surface is selected. I found out that with a circular section that needed to be extrude up to a surface that if you choose THRU UNTIL and the complete section is not crossing the surface, the feature does not work however if I choose TO SELECTED the feature worked even though the section did not completely pass trough the surface.... Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Pablo,

Reply to
Pablo