2-part resin more flexible than the Alumilite ?

I'm looking for some kind of 2-part resin that is a little more flexible than the Alumilite product --- something *like* some real tough nylon plastic.

Any suggestions ? Thanks! JCD

Reply to
pogo

--Try Tap Plastics; they're a chain of stores on the Left Coast. You might be able to find what you're looking for there; they've got a good selection of molding resins and similar stuff.

Reply to
steamer

Reply to
pogo

You can get castable polyurethane resins in very high hardness, like rollerblade wheels for example. Just make sure you get a high-strength resin, not a mold-making resin, and take care to ensure that it's low viscosity before cure. You'll need a vacuum chamber to de-air during casting.

More resins are available if you can handle a UV or thermo cure instead of RTV (room temp) - these are more common in commercial apps.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Thanks! Rollerblade wheels are about the right hardness I need ... any idea what shore rating that is (ballpark estimate) ? Thanks again! JCD

Reply to
pogo

I believe they're 90 or 95 duro. Just be careful with hardness figures, as some molding resins are very hard but have a very low strength, meaning they crack and abrade far easily.

Reply to
Clifford Heath