actuators

hi, i'm kinda new to all this and was wondering if you could help me find an appropriate actuator
i need it to press a CO2 open valvue found on the mini bike pumps
like this one
http://www.mbuk.com/kittestdetails.asp?id 0
but to make sure that my project doesn't go over budget it really can't be anymore than 10 - 15 GBP
cheers
johan
johan helmer wrote:

Instead of this "stylish piece of kit", could you get one with an "annoying lever" that you could probably actuate with a solenoid or RC servo?
Mitch Berkson

"annoying
well i did think about that, i only need the valvue to be open for very short time like a second, would i be able to achieve that with a leaver and solenoid/servo?
cheers
johan
CM wrote:

You could do that with a solenoid. I don't know if an RC servo would be fast enough, but it probably would be. You should also consider the power you have available. Depending on the lever length and valve actuation force, you'll probably need at least a few amps for the solenoid.
Mitch Berkson
    --You might want to have a look at some of the tackle used by R/C marine combat enthusiasts, heh.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Just another Fart in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : the Elevator of Life...

Site Timeline

  • - the site's newest thread. Posted in