actuators

hi, i'm kinda new to all this and was wondering if you could help me find an appropriate actuator

i need it to press a CO2 open valvue found on the mini bike pumps

like this one

but to make sure that my project doesn't go over budget it really can't be anymore than 10 - 15 GBP

cheers

johan

Reply to
johan helmer

Instead of this "stylish piece of kit", could you get one with an "annoying lever" that you could probably actuate with a solenoid or RC servo?

Mitch Berkson

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

well i did think about that, i only need the valvue to be open for very short time like a second, would i be able to achieve that with a leaver and solenoid/servo?

cheers

johan

Reply to
CM

You could do that with a solenoid. I don't know if an RC servo would be fast enough, but it probably would be. You should also consider the power you have available. Depending on the lever length and valve actuation force, you'll probably need at least a few amps for the solenoid.

Mitch Berkson

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

--You might want to have a look at some of the tackle used by R/C marine combat enthusiasts, heh.

Reply to
steamer

Reply to
John Mianowski