Amatuer Roboticist

Guys I just started working with robots recently and was successfully able to build a simple maze solving robot. I was wondering if there
are people out there willing to help me with my new project to build a simple robot capable of flying autonomously.

You may want to look at the below project.
http://tam.plannet21.com /
Si Ballenger wrote:

Thats an impressive feat - im really impressed! Autonomous sea vehicles is where its at in my head, but to get a model to last that long alone is very good.
Something I wanted to Do but never had the money to do is taking an electrically assisted sail plane. Lighten the core as much as possible then use film solar cells on the wings and BEAM circuits/motors and make a Photovore sailplane with a Sunrise to Sunset range. I never could figure a Night aloft unless a Pummer was used as well. It is just an Idea that I have kicked around in my brain for a time. I even thought of coring out one of those big styrofoam glides at Walmart/K-mart and try it just never could afford the Flex Film Solar cells like as found on this page, http://www.73.com/a/0108.shtml .
How this thought/idea helps.
Be kinda cool to get a day runner and really cool to get a stay aloft.
The Hirudinea