[ANN] AVRcam: Real-time image processing engine based on the AVR

: The ATmega8 has 8K of flash and 1K of SRAM. Still impressive, though. : 27 frames per second is about as fast as a human perceives the world.

. . And if that isn't enough, the Mega16 is (if I remmber correctly) pin compatible and doubles the amount of flash.

Reply to
Christopher X. Candreva

I think you are thinking of the ATmega168 - pin compatible with the ATmega8, but with 16K FLASH and a host of other neat goodies, not to mention that it can clock at 20 MHz for a nice speed boost even over the already speedy 16 MHz. In actual instruction execution, this clock speeds translate to roughly 20 MIPS and 16 MIPS respectively.

The ATmega16 is a 40 pin DIP, if I recall.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian Dean

Me too!

-- D. Jay Newman

D. Jay Newman

I have the equipment to make 2 sided PCB's. plotter, dip tanks, cnc drill press.

This could be a good time for me to figure out how to convert popular CAD PCB formats into the format my CAD program uses.

aiiadict AT hotmail DOT com

Rich J.