[ANN] AVRcam: Real-time image processing engine based on the AVR

<isa -->PCI> wrote in message

Hello,
Its 95% in C...there are a couple of Assembly routines that are critically timed to interact with the stream of pixels coming from the OV6620. But I tried to comment EVERYTHING as well as possible (mostly because my memory stinks sometimes, and its just flat out easier to understand that way).

John
While I've see modivation for tracking a single color blob to use with the soccer-bot type of robot games, I am not clear on the end purpose for your device. (then again, I am not that familiar with robotics)
Here are some random ideas, in case you might want to plan for these in the future kits. Please add other ideas that I've omitted.
- Tracking an object in 3-d space by using two of your devices. I've seen virtual-reality type pointing device which is simply a stick that has a ball on each end. By placing 3 different colored balls in a triangular orientation, it is possible to extract 6dof for the observed object.
- Your camera is relatively low-resolution. Pehaps allow for the possibility of adding a higher resolution camera for more accuracy.
- Give a robot the ability to see beacons so it can extract its location by triangulating on two bases. Alternatively, locate and drive to a charging station. If you stack the beacon with a few colors on top of each other, you can encode each base with an address.
Joe Dunfee
Wasn't there some fella that recently needed to track people down a hallway for an art exhibit?????
chris in napa
Smiley wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@jrobot.net (john orlando) wrote in message

I have the equipment to make 2 sided PCB's. plotter, dip tanks, cnc drill press.
This could be a good time for me to figure out how to convert popular CAD PCB formats into the format my CAD program uses.
aiiadict AT hotmail DOT com
http://rich12345.tripod.com