bumper hardware trouble

I am trying to build bumpers for my robot, the software works, but the bumpers themselves suck and keep breaking. does anybody know where I
can get some good ones that will work that are premade or of a parts list and construction tecniques so that I can build them myself in such a way that they will work.
What size range are you looking at? If you're building wee little bots, the touchpads I use may be useful - light duties only. See http://www.feralfairies.net/bump.html for an overview.
If you're working at industrial sizes well, sorry, can't help.

im using a robot that is about on foot on each side and it is square