recycling aluminum window channel - cleaning oxidation ?

I'm recycling some old aluminum window channel for some robot frame parts. Any hints on cleaning oxidation on aluminum ?
Is there something like varnish, only for aluminum ?
So far I've done the wire wheel brush in the power drill thing, but some kind of cleaner fluid would be nice, too. Thanks.
the scotchbright pad on the orbital sander is the tried and true way. Clear paint or better yet, anodize, will help control oxidization.

Mother's brand aluminum mag wheel polish works great : )
Pogo wrote:

Both hints are great! I didn't even think about using the sander. DUH! Thanks !