C.R.M OpenCV

Anyone have much experience with opencv? My previous work has been with camera-specific API, i thought id give this a look and maybe use it on my onboard PC for visual servoing.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

There is a 5 parts series about using OpenCV in Servo magazine, January

2007 - May 2007.

There is also a fellow that frequents this group from time to time that I think has played around with it. Last name is Casey, I believe.

I hope to start "messin" with it soon, but until then this is the best help I can offer. Good luck ! JCD

Reply to
pogo

Cheers for that, I'll see if I can get back-issues for a read through :)

I managed to compile and do some basic image processing work with it last night before bed called, it looks like an interesting set of routines!

Coyoteboy

I've just started working with it, but it seems to be high-quality code and can do a lot to give your robot some visual intelligence. I say go for it.

Best,

- Joe

Reply to
Joe Strout

In addition to the SERVO articles themselves, you might want to poke around at the website of the author of that series,

She presents some earlier code as well you might find interesting. The "servoing" (tracking and going to the object) is one of the capabilities of the vision software she route for the Leaf Project she, Alex, and Bruce have been working on.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

The LK feature tracker is quite good. The depth from stereo module is not very good and often produces a totally bogus camera alignment it thinks is correct.

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle