CNC Controlled Etcha-sketch

Sorta off-topic, but kinda cool in an overkill kinda way ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#0027141414
( I am not associated with seller in any way. ) JCD
pogo wrote:

Too bad there aren't any pictures of the output. At least I couldn't find any.
-- Gordon

I agree. The kid on the weed-whacker "cycle" is kinda funny, too.
Somehow, the search for more info on a robotic etcha-sketch led me to this "robotic chair" video: http://www.mae.cornell.edu/raff/InteractiveDynamicArt/ChairJan06Short.wmv which I found here: http://www.mae.cornell.edu/raff/InteractiveDynamicArt/InteractiveDynamicArt.htm
Worth a look. Takes a while to download on a slow broadband.
Gordon McComb wrote:

If this is what I think it is, it was a test of Mach3 during the winter when it was too cold to get into his garage. Or perhaps a project that was based on the original idea.
I've heard the output was perfect curves and writing.
--
D. Jay Newman ! Author of:
snipped-for-privacy@sprucegrove.com ! _Linux Robotics: Programming Smarter Robots_