DC motor from cordless drill...How to power it?

Hello all, I am trying to power a DC motor from my cordless drill and I
am having some troubles with it. First not that I have used two
different motors one rated at 14.4 V and one at 18 V. I am trying to run the motor from a 120VAC to 15VDC adapter. When I do this, the motor runs, but at very low speeds and torque. Any ideas? I know the adapter is rated at 300 mA. Do you think the motor needs more current?
If this adapter will not work, how could I power the motor without using a battery? I do not want to use an AC motor because I have found
speed control for DC mmotors is much easier that for AC. Anyway thats it. Thanks in advance for any help. Lucas
    --Oh yeah, definitely more current. FWIW there's data about building bots using really cheap H-F VSR drills as raw material over at the College of San Mateo site. Here's the main site link: http://www.csmrobotics.com /
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I'll have the roast duck
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : with the mango salsa...
" --Oh yeah, definitely more current. FWIW there's data about building bots using really cheap H-F VSR drills as raw material over at the College of San Mateo site. Here's the main site link: http://www.csmrobotics.com/ "
Would you mind providing an EXACT link to this subject?
Thanks
TMT
    --What a mess; you're right! Best thing to do would be to contact Jim Newton, who runs the thing it's evolving into. Jim Newton's email: snipped-for-privacy@csmrobotics.com