encoder link might be usefull

make encoders, and masks, any type you want
http://www.bushytails.net/~randyg/encoder/encoderwheel.html
dan

That's a fun page. It seems to be a bit buggy however. On many parameter combinations that I think should have worked fine it produced completely bogus drawings.
--
Curt Welch http://CurtWelch.Com /
Curt Welch wrote:

yes, you have to take mind to give it a sane request :)
dan
if you're serious about this, take a few hours to learn how to write basic postscript programs. you can do all sorts of neat stuff and since it's vector graphics (unlike that site) the resolution is as good as your printer can do. of course, even with that, you'll never come close to real encoder wheel resolutions.
-chris
rue_mohr wrote:

I somewhat agree, but I knew of this and thought I'd post it, its good if you want to make up low res stuff (which does have its applications)
http://eds.dyndns.org:81/~ircjunk/robots/sumobot/dscn7709.jpg
note hte inside of the wheel :)
dan