GP2D02 interfacing

I have a Sharp GP2D02 that I plan to connect to the robot I am currently building, however I would like to first test this sensor on my PC. I have wrote a simple VB program (using DLportIO) that writes out to bit1 of the parallel port and should cause the sensor to clock the distance back into bit0 of the port. Since I think the software should work, I need to figure out how to interface the hardware. I have the sensor on a separate power supply with the ground tied to the parallel port ground. I am not really sure how to safely hook up the Vin and Vout wires. I thought about hooking them straight into bit1 and bit0, but I really don't think this is the 'proper' way to do this. I really don't want to hurt either my computer or the sensor, so I thought I would check around first. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks, ~Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Varney