GPS modules ?

(try eBay).
Can you give some more info on the ones you are using?
Thanks.

output.
means that

via a

tiny
snipped-for-privacy@work.com says...

There is extensive online docmentation at www.u-blox.com, however you will need to register to get at the online documentation. There are PDF documents describing the hardware and software in great detail.

Mark Borgerson

http://www.modtronix.com/product_info.php?currency=AUD&cPatha_63&products_id 9
I've used the UBlox TIM-LP and GPS-MS1E in a couple of designs. They run off 3.3V and provide CMOS level asynchronous outputs. They can provide either NMEA or a binaryn packet protocol as output.
Try www.ublox.com.
You can even buy samples through their web site. IIRC, the TIM-LP modules are about $110 each.
Mark Borgerson

"Mark Borgerson"

I'm using u-blox and their product line is really cool. Their are really easy to use, output either nmea or their proprietary protocol (which I like better) and they provide up to 4 fixes per second. They are about to release their WS line (weak signal), that supposedly works even indoors. I'm going to try it.

Try Furuno... I know they make some that are maybe 1/4" x 1" x 2" (6 mm x 25 mm x 50 mm), connector for external antenna, 5.0 or 3.3 V, serial output in standard ASCII formats. I think it's logic serial and you need to follow with a MAX232 or equal to get RS232 serial. One antenna I have seen used is a "puck" that is maybe 1/2" thick by 2" diameter (13 mm x 50 mm).
Matt Roberds
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:15:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net wrote:

Have a look at the Lassen IQ module as sold by Step GPS in Oz. http://www.stepgps.com / 3.3v at 30mA. Needs an active antenna (also from Step)
Alan
Jenal Communications

Do you know how much the IQ model is, Alan?
On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:24:39 +1000, dmm

David
It's AUS$ 88.00 (inc GST) and there are different antennas about AUS$50.00. You also need an adapter cable, for the antenna plus an interface connector.
Very small unit. I'm looking at using them for GPS tracking.
Alan
Jenal Communications

<snip>
Thanks for that info Alan.
Check out
www.sparkfun.com
I am a customer of theirs. It is a small company and I like to support them.
Cheers
Dale

http://www.modtronix.com/product_info.php?currency=AUD&cPatha_63&products_id 9

Hi Alex,
Have a look at my site: http://home-2.worldonline.nl/~samsvl /
Have fun.
Sam

Thank you to everyone that replied.
Going with the Lassen iq ,meets requirements and has a local supplier.
Circuitcellar lpc arm7 contest starts on the 25th of April according to their website

When you get it make sure you don't put it down somewhere - they're pretty easy to lose!
Alan
Jenal Communications