Help. USB I/0 interface..

Hello,

Is there a chip or circuit to interface the USB port to a basic I/O port, AD, DA, etc..

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Dan

sells the USBmicro U401 units. These have 16 I/O lines and a SPI port as well. Plug and Play underWindows XP. You can plugin more than one too. The ultimate is to use a USB to serial adapter and run a
ISOPOD or SERVOPOD. That gives you a 80 mhz DSP MCU with more I/O functions than most people can use. DAC's are a problem though, you'll need to hook up one to either of the above mentioned methods. Of course National Semiconductor has a 78H89 ADC to SPI chip that works good. I think they have or Dallas Semi has a SPI DAC as well.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

There are the FTDI USB chips.

D. Jay Newman

D. Jay Newman

We also carry a line of Interface kits for the USB port. These devices come with the Visual Basic drivers to access units individually. There are examples programs under the downloads section of the "more info" page.

Dan