Ho to set L297 on Wave drive mode

Hi, We are trying to make a driver using L298 and L297. At the beginning, we used the L298 and produced the pattern wave drive (single phase on) using the printer port . Then when we used the L297 as a phase pattern generator it was working on the Normal drive mode ( two phase on ). We have studied the data sheet, but we didn’t find out : How could we set the L297 on the wave drive mode ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Gooly20

Hi

I looked at that, it is a matter of when you switch the full/half input. Unfortunately they don't say whether it stays switched. As a result your design quickly becomes greedy for processor pins, and eventually you realise that you only really want it for the chopper. When I got to that point I laid out the pcb for a chopper and added all the bells and whistles I wanted rather than those offered by the 297.

Just my .02p

best regards

Robin G Hewitt

Reply to