ic from the past?

I was wondering if someone here may be able to help.....a few years back a colleague and myself started to design a PWM motor control circuit using a
LM 3524 IC the circuit was never completed because of time limitations back then....now it looks like it will never get finished.....however he said there was a much better chip available but his memory fails him....on which one it was.... This may seem like a shot in the dark but was wondering if anyone here may know of what this chip might be? He said it was designed especially for this application..... Thanks for takin the time to read....:-/

what sort of chip are you talking about pwm or hbridge ? And what sort of motor ? what current ?
Alex
Hi Alex.... The chip we used was for PWM .the motors are 27amp permanent magnet DC motors however at the time we were going to use darlingtons to do the 12volt dc output.......so the circuit would have only been for control........at least that part of it......Hope this is enough info... Marc
message

back
which
this
what sort of chip are you talking about pwm or hbridge ? And what sort of motor ? what current ?
Alex

back
which
this
It would be a shame to not use a microcontroller in such a pulse width design, especially when you could code into it special characteristics (startup ramp, load bearing considerations, etc.) that would add bang for the buck.
With that said, it is hard to determine the best tool (dedicated chip in this case) for the job without knowing the job, but if you are looking for a flexible PWM, check out the DS1050.
http://www.semiseek.net/news/press_release307.html
With more information someone here may have a better match.
Good Luck
Hmm, it be the LM629 Precision motion controller.
http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM628.pdf

back
which
this