Kalman filter for Video and IMU input

Hi,
I have not seen in the literature but I may be looking in the wrong direction. Does anybody know of a kalman filtering type of scheme that
would take as input not only the average IMU output such as acceleration, gyros, heading and GPS coordinates but also the output of the video ?
Most of what I have seen in the vision comminuty tries to decompose the images from the video (using very clever schemes), but I have seldom seen any part of the decomposition being used directly against other IMU data to enable a good filtering.
Any ideas or leads ?
Jake.
************** comp.robotics.research (moderated) ************** Summary: Academic, government & industry research in robotics. Archives and information: http://www.metamech.com/crr Charter: http://www.metamech.com/crr/Charter Meta-discussions/information: snipped-for-privacy@metamech.com