[ANNOUNCE] BhAUV - India's first AUV in competition

Hi,
I am the team leader for the Indian Underwater Robotics Society (IURS - http://www.iurs.org ). We represent a diverse group of Computer Science and
Engineering students located at various different locations thoughout the large country of India and studying at different institutions.
IURS exists as a society in order to facilitate practical applications of skills learnt in and out of the classroom, while producing an environment conducive to the growth of personal, educational, resourceful and creative skills of students.
Even though the some of the best engineers are located in India, we still do not have an AUV indigenous to our nation. This year however IURS is entering its newly designed AUV, BharatAUV (BhAUV) into the International AUV Competition organized by AUVSI and US Navy.
Check out our website at http://www.iurs.org and get more information regarding our effort and robot there. We need your support as we are looking for sponsorship currently. Please help us if possible.
Sincerely, Anuj Sehgal
************** comp.robotics.research (moderated) ************** Summary: Academic, government & industry research in robotics. Archives and information: http://www.metamech.com/crr Charter: http://www.metamech.com/crr/Charter Meta-discussions/information: snipped-for-privacy@metamech.com

Good work. With all my respect, I would suggest to make your web site less-fancy but more functional and easy/faster to load and navigate. Regards,
Thanks a lot for your opinion. I appreciate your opinion and I intend to put up to versions of the website, one will be a functional site and the other the fancy one. Before entering our website the enquirer shall be able to select which version he wants, the low bandwidth or high bandwidth.
What do you think?
Anuj
<Sey Kem Tsi> wrote in message

I think tha'ts a great idea. I like sites that do it. I ahve a high bandwidth connection, but alot of times if I'm taking a quick look for soemthing, I like the low badwidth option, and other tiems I want to enjoy the sight, and pick the high bandwidth.
Just my thoughts.