India's First Autonomous Underwater Vehicle

I represent a team of undergraduate students from India, who are building an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) in order to compete that the 2005 AUVSI and Office of Naval Research (ONR) Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Competition

This is a collegiate level competition that is attended by teams from the world's top educational institutions and alliances. Some of the major names in the competition are MIT, Cornell, Duke and ETS.

Being a small self-funded team comprising of members from various different Universities spread out all over India, we are not recieveing any form of financial or technical support at the moment. As a result, we are seeking sponsorships from companies that produce equipment related to our AUV design and would benefit from association with our team through international exposure at the highest levels of industry, academia and media.

Any assistance in the form of grants, products or travel assistance would be greatly appreciated by our team. In return for your generosity, we will be willing to distribute brochures about your company and products, include your logo on our team AUV, uniform and banner. Also, this being the first ever AUV designed and produced in India, it is sure to attract ample media attention, and our sponsors would always be mentioned and thanked in all media exposure.

If you would like more information about our team and endeavour, please do not hesitate in contacting me or visiting our website at

You may download a detailed presentation from our website as well. We are open to accepting sponsorship in forms that are not even mentioned in our presentation, and are beneficial to your company and our project as well. Since our aim is to develop and introduce a new technology into India, we are willing to even evaluate and include any of your new products on our AUV.

We look forward to hearing from you and working closely with your institution.

Thank you for your help. Sincerely, Anuj Sehgal BhAUV IURS Team Leader

sehgalanuj