long range data transfer

Hi How can your robot do "long range(>10km) data transfer"? thanks from Peter ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Depends on local infrastructure, application and budget. GPRS. GSM. WiFi. Argos. VSAT to a variety of birds.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com gDG

Hi All I found this: http://www.maxstream.net/products /
Which one is using this on your own robot? thanks
I used one of their short range radio modems. It worked pretty well, but I only used it for a few hundred feet tops. With 900mhz and especially 2.4ghz the range depends a lot on good antennas and line-of-sight. With properly aligned high-gain antennas that can see each other 10km should be easy. With omni antennas and obstructions, I doubt you'd get more than a few kilometers even with their high-power stuff.
-chris
On Nov 22, 10:01 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Mine has wheels .... Rail gun would probably kill the electronics. Pneumatic hard drive launcher? Trebuchet works well but that's a long distance to travel. Safe and intact landings are another problem. 8P.
Use a pair of cheap cell phones. World wide range. There is a bandwidth limit but hey...
Cheers!
Sir Charles W. Shults III, K.B.B. Xenotech Research 321-206-1840