Vision

I am searching for a (cheap of course) camera module I can interface from a microcontroller. My intentions are to use this as a deer camera that's
capable of taking snapshots or possibly small video clips. I have already played with setting up motion detection which could turn on or off and wireless for transmitting data to my laptop without having to interface the setup directly. I don't need anything to fancy just small images or short clips of when they are feeding. I don't really want to roll my on if possible but don't really want a 100+ cucam setup if possible since this will be in the woods and only protected by my enclosure.
Ideally what I hope is out there somewhere is a camera module that can basically snap a image, process it in some kinda readable format (jpeg etc....) and transfer it to onboard memory for me to pull it off from the microcontroller and xfer wirelessly when ready.
Any idea's, examples or pointers are appreciated.
--
Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Hi,
Have a look here:- http://sophiateam.undrgnd.free.fr/microcontroller/camera/index.html it might be what you want.
Regards Ian Dobson
Home of the Atmel based UDP mobile web cam http://www.planet-ian.com All mails scanned with av-filter.pl (F-Prot / perl)
>I am searching for a (cheap of course) camera module I can interface from a >microcontroller. My intentions are to use this as a deer camera that's >capable of taking snapshots or possibly small video clips. I have already >played with setting up motion detection which could turn on or off and >wireless for transmitting data to my laptop without having to interface the >setup directly. I don't need anything to fancy just small images or short >clips of when they are feeding. I don't really want to roll my on if >possible but don't really want a 100+ cucam setup if possible since this >will be in the woods and only protected by my enclosure. > > Ideally what I hope is out there somewhere is a camera module that can > basically snap a image, process it in some kinda readable format (jpeg > etc....) and transfer it to onboard memory for me to pull it off from the > microcontroller and xfer wirelessly when ready. > > Any idea's, examples or pointers are appreciated. > > -- > Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. >
Ya something like that. Off to ebay.
Thanks

Very nice. Thanks for the link.

After reading more and more all I can say is thanks. This may also be very useful.