Loooong distance IR detection, and IR collimation

Dear John!
Fantastic!... Thank you for the URL!. Woooww!... This side tells me much more than what I would ask. All the best
Rico Maxle
Rico Maxle wrote:

Just replace the LED with a narrow-beam LED. LEDs actually have a beam width of about 2 degrees. They're usually housed in a case with a diffusing lens to broaden the beam. But you can get LEDs without the diffuser.
If you need a really narrow beam, get a laser diode.
                John Nagle