Need help with Stepping motor :-)

Hi,

I got a stepping motor and I need somme help to figure out wiring.

gray to yellow 14 MegO gray to blue 19 MegO gray to white 19 MegO gray to orange 14 MegO

green and black and red 2 Ohm between all of them.

I use some bipolar motor but this one I don't know ...

:-)

Reply to
rgb

A bipolar stepper would only have four wires. An 8-wire motor *could* be a unipolar stepper that does not use common tie-points for the coils. (In most unipolar steppers, there are two coils, and a center tap between each coil, for a total of six wires).

The rubber pinch roller suggests to me this isn't a stepper motor. If some machine designer is going to use a stepper motor, the most typical approach is direct drive of something -- they want to ensure whatever they are driving is being moved a certain number of revolutions. This isn't possible with a punch roller.

It could *still* be a stepper, but it's something to look into. Also, the results with the meter are inconclusive. I take it all other wire combinations showed an open circuit?

It's possible this is a DC motor with a tach or some other similar circuit.

-- Gordon Robots for Less at Budget Robotics:

Robot Builder's Sourcebook & Robot Builder's Bonanza

rgb wrote:

Reply to
Gordon McComb