newbie Robotics

i m having one Motor( i dont know the exact name of it, but it is a DC motor which i can run by using one single 1.5v battery)
wt i want to do is connect the motor to the Computer(i dont know how) and write a C program which is able to Run the Motor(using TC++ 3.0 compiler)
i was looking for some guidance in this direction, since i have never done this type of project like from where should i start with, and other details, like some tutorials, etc...
any suggestions ??

That's...more than a little scary. I'll know who to blame when the giant nuclear powered Anemone-Zilla breaks loose from the massive cavern in your basement and starts destroying cities. Snagging them with tentacles and absorbing their nutrients, if you will.
Now I have to wonder: 30 years from now, will I have the cash play on such a scale? Maybe the toys will just be better, and hobbyists will be worried about how to assemble 3D quantum components.
hi there

Thanks for the SUPERB !! Website, perfect for a newbie

will be back soon !!

Wow that is a Monster ;-)
Thanks :-) -Dumboo