oh my god the roomba is officialy hackable(serial interface)

check out popsci.com the diy h2.0 section i would also like to hear people's ideas for roomba hacking. will the brainstem microcontroller
work with this interface
MR Robot wrote:

http://www.tla.org/roomba /
I had thought about buying this machine. It would have been a further incentive if I could have plugged a wireless interface between it and my computer.
JC
JGCASEY wrote:

There are lot's of serial modems, etc, which can be inserted in-line into RS232 links. First, you need access to the serial llink.

You could start here (the "official" roomba hacker info page): http://www.roombavac.com/sp.cfm?pageid 8
Anthony Fremont wrote:

Excellent. That page has a link to SCI spec in pdf form. Regular TTL-level RS232 at up to 115200. Good intel on roombavac sensors.
hmmm.... Someone should add speech to a roomba.
www.speechchips.com