Re: legOS/brickOS: a despairing cry for help!

Has anyone recently built legOS or installed winlegOS under windows?

I haven't, but I have some experience debugging programs (and makefiles).

2. Full 110 MB cygwin install, cross-compiler build as described @ > sourceforge (brickOS 0.2.6.10 Instructions for installing on > Win9x/NT/2000/XP). But Building GCC (buildgcc.sh) I get:- > > install: g++.exe does not exist > chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/bin/g++.exe': No such file or > directory > > the only g++.exe I see is in /bin - did I do something wrong?

Two options:

a) Edit "buildgcc.sh" so it uses "/" and not "/usr/local/" as the assumed installation prefix.

b) Install Cygwin in "/usr/local" instead of in "/".

(pretty simple suggestions, I know, but they still might help)

(cygwin configuration is such fun:)

Then I'll refrain from advicing you to switch to something better. ;-)

Play well,

Jacob

Reply to
Jacob Sparre Andersen

I over-simplified: Its not just a case of one prefix in one file. I hacked my way past 3 other mis-matched paths before concluding something must be drastically mis-configured.

Reply to
iceberg