parallax line following sensors?

The documentation for the Parallax BOE line following module shows that they are using a GBR1114 emitter/detector.

But I can't seem to find a source.

Searches on the web, Digikey and Mouser turn up nothing.

Anyone know if/where this is available?

Tanks, DOC

Reply to
DOC

Are you sure these aren't QRB-1114?

If the notation is really "GBR," then I'd assume these are from some manufacturer who intends them to be functionally itentical to the more common Fairchild QRB-1114.

Note that Fairchild also sells a different series, the QRD-1114, which are in a different type of housing. You can find datasheets for both on the Web, and then perhaps cross-reference them with any data Parallax provides.

-- Gordon

DOC wrote:

Reply to
Gordon McComb

The Parallax documentation clearly says GBR. But they do look like the QRB1114s so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a typo.

If anyone cares, the Web page for their line follower module is here.

Rather coincidentally, just today I picked up some QRD1114s which I I assume are functionally similar but in a different package. These ones are box shaped and look to be more suitable for what I have in mind.

Thanks for the help.

DOC

Reply to
DOC