Bakersfield SP/UP Station on Baker Street??

I have been looking for information, or diagrams, photos, etc. of the Southern Pacific passenger station in Bakersfield. I have been there, and have taken pictures, but I can't seem to find any information on the building itself. I have tried the Bakersfield Library, and they have some info, but nothing related to the architecture of the building.

Can anyone here recommend a source for this information?

The UP station Master was somewhat helpful, but he said that the records of the building were destroyed after UP took over.

Although I think he is probably correct, I think that it was a wasteful and wanton decision to do that.

Thanx

Doc. ==============================

Reply to
Doc

Hi Doc,

The only thing I can think to try is contacting Al Sandrini at B & F Hobby in Bakersfield. He runs the biggest and oldest model railroad themed hobby shop in town and may know someone who has the information you're looking for. His e-mail is:

snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net

I wonder if it might also be helpful to find out what company designed and or constructed the building. Surely they would still have blueprints and information on the project. Don't know if they would give that info out to anyone though due to security reasons but maybe they could get you in contact with the actual architect who might be willing to answer some questions.

Good luck! ~Brad

Reply to
flyingdragon64

And by all means visit all of the local land surveyors! I used to work for some in the Reading, Pa area and they have a wealth of information on railroads!

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano