Local Show ( for me anyway )

Mooching around the flat after a few days in Lincolnshire with my parents, I suddenly remembered that there was a Steam Rally held at one of the local village pubs. In the car and off in search of a sign, and sure enough I found it. Out comes the camera and I wander around tacking the odd pic of the Burrells and Fowlers, and a couple of Fordson Majors, and then I heard that unmistakable sound of a Hit and Miss.

Following my nose and ears, I found the Stationary engine line-up. I was shocked. Along with the Amancos and Petters, an 1892 Crossley gas engine, a 1922 Shanks Paraffin engine and an Empire. ( Pics soon to be placed on alt.binaries.images.vintage-engineering. )

Unfortunately I could find nothing about the Empire ( never seen one before ) but did ask how much the Shanks weighed - "One and a quarter ton" - no wonder we don't see the likes of these bigger engines at too many shows, and more power to the elbows of those who do rally them!

If anyone who cannot get a.b.i.v-e wants copies of the pictures, for web or personal use, feel free to email me.

Reply to
Barry Ruck