Donington ME show

Anyone been as yet? Anything earth moving to see? killer deals?
Runs thru till Thursday, late night on Wednesday.
I'm going tomorrow, [ Monday PM]
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Anyone got a link to some info on this show? Trying to decide if it's worth the trek up there.
Thanks
Stephen.

Found it....
http://www.meridienneexhibitions.co.uk/html/midlands_model_engineering_exh.html
Stephen.

went yesterday, bit of a hit and miss show. didnt seem as man
exhibits,quite a few stalls selling metal stock,myford werent there, bit steep at 8.50. harrogate is a better show
-- bolma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid )26 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid (795
I wished I had known it was on this weekend. I had meant to ask when it was on.
I will try and get down to it sometime this week. (I'm only a few miles away)
Regards, Dave. http://www.DerbyFOCUS.com ~~ Customise your internet experience http://www.FOCUSPortals.com/customise.asp

I went today (Wednesday). I thought the attendance was down and the content marginally down on previous years. However I still think it's a worthwhile show to visit. There were new models on display that I had not seen there before, which is good news as it means there are still people building and willing to go to the bother of showing them. I do not expect to see a large number of new models each year as the build time for the vast majority just does not allow such a production rate. The chap from Sweden had a stand of his own exhibiting his work which is immaculate to say the least. There was a new Mercer racing car that I had not seen before. Super stuff.
Despite the rain the live steamers were out and a few new model there in steam that I had not seen before as well.
So all in all a thumbs up from me ....... and I still go to Harrogate !
Alan

I also went today.
This was my first ever visit to a ME Show having only bought a lathe 3 months ago. My interest is Clocks not Loco's, Cars, Boats or Steam Engines but I found the quality of the models astounding - the Mercer particularly. The Large Wheel Skeleton clock was an inspiration as was the Wheel & Pinion Cutter on the same stand.
As I am still building my workshop tooling I found it very useful to browse the stands of the likes of Chronos, RDG etc. Of course I spent too much !
JG
I reckoned that it was about as good as usual, and certainly worth visiting.
However, if you cant / dont want to, there are some pictures at: http://www.alanjstepney.free-online.co.uk /