Donington ME show

Anyone been as yet?
Anything earth moving to see? killer deals?
Runs thru till Thursday, late night on Wednesday.
I'm going tomorrow, [ Monday PM]
--
Regards,
John Stevenson
Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
Anyone got a link to some info on this show? Trying to decide if it's worth the trek up there.
Thanks
Stephen.
Reply to
Stephen Woolhead
Found it....
Stephen.
Reply to
Stephen Woolhead
went yesterday, bit of a hit and miss show. didnt seem as man
exhibits,quite a few stalls selling metal stock,myford werent there, bit steep at £8.50. harrogate is a better show
-- bolma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile:
this thread:
bolmas
I wished I had known it was on this weekend. I had meant to ask when it was on.
I will try and get down to it sometime this week. (I'm only a few miles away)
Regards, Dave.
Customise your internet experience

Dave
I went today (Wednesday). I thought the attendance was down and the content marginally down on previous years. However I still think it's a worthwhile show to visit. There were new models on display that I had not seen there before, which is good news as it means there are still people building and willing to go to the bother of showing them. I do not expect to see a large number of new models each year as the build time for the vast majority just does not allow such a production rate. The chap from Sweden had a stand of his own exhibiting his work which is immaculate to say the least. There was a new Mercer racing car that I had not seen before. Super stuff.
Despite the rain the live steamers were out and a few new model there in steam that I had not seen before as well.
So all in all a thumbs up from me ....... and I still go to Harrogate !
Alan
Reply to
Alan Marshall
"Alan Marshall" said
I also went today.
This was my first ever visit to a ME Show having only bought a lathe 3 months ago. My interest is Clocks not Loco's, Cars, Boats or Steam Engines but I found the quality of the models astounding - the Mercer particularly. The Large Wheel Skeleton clock was an inspiration as was the Wheel & Pinion Cutter on the same stand.
As I am still building my workshop tooling I found it very useful to browse the stands of the likes of Chronos, RDG etc. Of course I spent too much !
JG
Reply to
JG
I reckoned that it was about as good as usual, and certainly worth visiting.
However, if you cant / dont want to, there are some pictures at:

alan