Philips PCF8200 voice synthesizer

Does anyone know a source for these chips? I can't find any supplier, especially not in Germany.
Thanks,
Matt

a) Obsolete. Introduced about 1985 but dropped almost the same year. I still have a preliminary datasheet. b) its a formant-synthesizer: the original devellopment system from would be necessary to code speech for it.
MfG JRD
Rafael Deliano wrote:

Hah, ok, thanks. Obsolte since 1985, and it would have been perfect for my Bot since I have the I2C bus anyways. Sigh ;-)
Danke.
You could consider using and SP0256-AL2 or a SpeakJet to add speech to you bot. Both are available here...
http://www.speechchips.com
KenLem wrote:

Thank you. What I really liked about the original part was the i2c bus, since that is the bus system of choice in my bot anyways, used by the face LED's, gyro, and accelerometers. I found some leftovers for over $60 a piece, which is out of the question.
Do speakjet it is as soon as I can free up some more pins ;-)

Seems like there might be some ucontrollers - P87LPC760 or similar - that have i2c interface and UART. UART controls the speakjet. A little more to write the code but it seems fairly straightforward.
Jim

Take a look at the winbond chips wts701 http://www.winbond.com/e-winbondhtm/partner/b_2_a_5_a.htm
online demo here http://www.winbond-usa.com/ttsdemo /
http://www.winbond.com/e-winbondhtm/partner/b_2_a_5_f.htm some example files
You can buy a pre-made module from Devontech http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/shop/Speech_Synthesizer_SP032006.htm
The winbond chipcorder do record , playback of voice

Thanks for the links. Unfortunatly, the speech samples do not work using Firefox, so I'll have to check them out later.
I saw the Devontech board and it may be an alternative. I did get some offers on the Philips chip, but it was at least three times as expensive as I expected.
Back to the drawing board... .
PS: voice recording is no alternative. The speech module will help the robot communicate error conditions and measurements, all in all several hundred different messages that are created at run-time.