pulse generator circuit for servo motor control

can anyone help me find a good pulse generator circuit for servo motor control... anyone know any sites?

The 'pulse generator' is a pulse width modulation function. Many microcontrollers have PWM functions integrated in them. That's where I would start. Check out PICs and AVRs. You'll probably even find application notes on PWM for servos.
TC

=============================================================================where going to implement it in FPGA... does anyone know any good servo motor?
On 30 Sep 2004 06:48:32 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (iceman) wrote:

Assuming you are talking about the model airplane hobby types of servos, there are a number of servo control boards available in varying price ranges. I've made a fairly cheap and simple computer controlled servo control setup using the Kronos Robotics ezservo control chip (~$7). I use it to control the servos in my homemade pan/tilt webcam (bottom link). There are other "servo tester" kits that use resistor pots and 555 timer chips to control the servos instead of using programmed chips. Google can locate those. I've found one free windows program that can control servos from the parallel port, but it wasn't practical for my webcam setup.
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm
Iceman,
Have a look at:
http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~kws23/PWM.html
Andrew
iceman wrote:

--
My robotics page:
http://w1.300.telia.com/~u30014342/robots.html

Got a '240 logic chip, some caps, and resistors? Check out the schematic for the "Servocore" circuit which is part of our "Bicore Experimenter's PCB". Free documenation online. Check our the "resources" link on the main page for the PDF.
Regards, Dave