pulse generator circuit for servo motor control

can anyone help me find a good pulse generator circuit for servo motor control... anyone know any sites?

Reply to
iceman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (iceman) wrote in news:62011d8f.0409300548.21e42907 @posting.google.com:

555 timer approach:
PIC microcontroller approach:
Scott
Reply to
Scott Seidman

There is a very rich selection of microcontrollers (I'm tempted to say "nearly all") that have PWM output capabilities, the PIC among them. You can make some very nice controllers on a single chip based on these capabilities.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Why a pulse generator based system? That is at best 1970s technology. There are many motion control chips available that handle everything from trajectory generation through the current loop, requiring only an output bridge, motor and feedback. For systems that do not require a whole lot of performance source code is available on the web and the whole thing can be dumped into a PIC microprocessor.

Reply to
Jeff Lowe

any suggestions on what R/C good type of servomotor that i could use for the circuit...

Reply to
iceman

where going to implement it in FPGA... does anyone know any good servo motor?

Reply to
iceman

In one of your earlier posts you mentioned RC servos. This may be the source of my misunderstanding here. Remote Control toys make use of position controls that they refer to as servos. The same term is applied to motion control systems for industrial systems and have little resemblance to the type of control done in RC cars. Perhaps you should explain your project in more detail.

Reply to
Jeff Lowe

"Jeff Lowe" wrote in news:jYx8d.5944$x65.237@trnddc06:

Perhaps my fault-- he asked for pulse generator circuits for "servo" control. As RC servos (which are, by the way, real position servos in every sense of the word) are the only servos I've used that require pulse- width inputs, and I happen to be working with them this week, I might have assumed he was working w/ RC servos, and sent him to sites that specifically generate PWM to control RC servos. Actually, in fact, it makes no difference-- he asked for pulse generator circuits, I assumed he needed PWM and sent him to pages that will generate good inputs for any pwm device.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Seidman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (iceman) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I just picked up a fairly standard futaba presicion servo (I think the S148), but your solution will depend on your size/torque/precision requirements. I don't think you'll get much choice on range.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Seidman

thanks for all your help... i really appreciate it

Reply to
iceman

can anyone give me the link for the "servocore" circuit which is part of the "Bicore Experimenter's PCB"... i cant seem to find the file

Reply to
iceman