Re: Failure mode of a small PM motor

I'm guessing the motors the original poster was referring to are the $1.50 variety which probably use ceramic ferrite magnets and really don't suffer from this problem.
--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/ Repair | Main Table of Contents: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/ +Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm | Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html
Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.
Sam Goldwasser wrote:

I would go along with that, too. When they first came out, we were astonished how good the retentivity is and for all practical purposes, taking apart, putting back together etc, the field strength was retained.