SRF08 Problem

Hi all,
I seem to be having a problem with my SRF08. For some reason the high byte (02) never changes from 128. Has anyone ever experienced
this problem, or does anyone have any idea about what I might be doing wrong? The lowbyte seems to be functioning properly.
Thanks,
James
Are you using a software I2C driver and ignoring the I2C SCL bus hold?
Gerry.